Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blog # 6

English 259

This class was honestly completely different than what I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be a normal boring english class in which I would have to read stories and write essays on boring stuff. Just how all my previous english classes have been. But it turned out to be a writing technology class, which is amazing because it really caught my interest and got me excited to do the homework because it would be on something that was in my interest. I learned a lot about all new different technologies that are out there and has inspired me to keep up with the latest technology. Furthermore, it has helped me become a better writer,a better researcher ( that one has to go further than the first few links that pop up on google and bing), better awareness of what the reader is looking for and how to not bore the reader, and simplify very difficult to understand text for the other people who are not engineers. I have also learned new things like how to write a professional memo, blogs, a technical description and a recommendation report. I also did a powerpoint presentation with my partner Anthony, which was very fun because it was a topic that I knew zero about, and my partner knew more stuff so I became encouraged to learn about Synthetic Biology, which is a new science that is just starting to get on its feet, and the presentation went great. These things are very important to learn because this is what scientist and engineers are doing today. I honestly thank my professor Mr. Richard Dragan for making the class very interestingand his knowledge on a variety of things was also interesting because not only was I learning from "the textbook" but his personal knowledge complimented my learning quite nicely. All in all, a fantastic teacher to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment